Unknown Stains

Apr 16, 2014
Missouri
I gave some stains forming on my fiberglass pool,and have tried the vitamin C tablet test. The stains did not lesson and cannot be removed unless you take steel wool to them which I do not want to do on clear coat.the stains are brownish in color. I am in a rural area and all water is well water, even the fire department who fills pools around here. Stains are only on flat surfaces like seats and steps. Attached is picture...should I go ahead and to the AA treatment to see what happens?image.jpg

That may be the problem then...I will go by Wally World tomorrow and get some cheap ones. Nice thing is the pools is now crystal clear thanks to the DE sand treatment we did for two weeks! Bad thing is you can see these little stains now :eek:

Latest update! I crushed up about twenty pills into small chunks and placed them over a spot in the pool with several stains. I left them for thirty minutes and they dissolved into a fine powder over the stains. I then brushed off the powder and notice the stains are much lighter. With this in kind should I double the recommended dosage of ascorbic acid?

Latest update! I crushed up about twenty pills into small chunks and placed them over a spot in the pool with several stains. I left them for thirty minutes and they dissolved into a fine powder over the stains. I then brushed off the powder and notice the stains are much lighter. With this in kind should I double the recommended dosage of ascorbic acid?

Hoping somebody can clear the dosage amount question up for me...thanks in advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.