Mars HP Pressure Side Cleaner Discontinued

dfiletti

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
Thornton, PA
Swung over to the PS to ask their opinion on the pump running without back pressure, (they were thinking I probably shortened the life -but to run it till it dies) and after mentioning that I had the Mars HP Pressure Side Cleaner, he, as an aside mentioned that it's been discontinued. _sort of irked me as I just, this season opened the pool, got a brand new/ but obsolete unit -c'est la vie I guess.

I quite imagine that parts for this will become difficult to get in the near future, if not already. I went ahead and ordered a new set of tires, hopefully they will be able to get them.

If you have one of these, you may want to consider the same, or at least be aware that parts may well become more scarce as time goes on.

FYI.

Dan

Its actually a good unit. Kept my pool very clean last season. Unfortunatly the booster line was plumbed with flex line in the ground and it kept blowing holes at the connections underground. They replaced it with a robot. That said, the robot performs a much better job on actually removing the finer debris from the pool. If I had not had any problems with the line I would still be very happy with the Mars HP.

You might want to pick up the basket assembly as there are some small clips on it that I could see breaking after a few seasons of use.

PS. I have an extra tail assembly with agitator still in the package. (P/N 70117). If yours breaks drop me a note. You cover the shipping and I will send it off to you if needed.

I doubt that Zodiac will dscontinue parts for it since parts for such old cleaners as their 'Alpha" are still available. Also, it has only been discontinued in the US market as of now. Interestingly enough, we jus recieved some new literature from Zodiac that did list the Mars and it is now back up on their US website (it had been removed last January.)

FYI, I'm guessing this is more of an issue with the PS than anything else... (surprise!) Dropped by the PS this past weekend to see if the parts I had ordered to try to 'future proof' the obselesence were in, and they still did not have the parts. They did -amazingly enough- refer me to poolcenterdotcom, which had the parts/ schematics. I ordered the parts Monday, and had them at the house Tuesday late morning -UPS ground from VA to PA.

FYI, seems like a decent enough outfit to me...

Dan

Ahhh, it looks like these parts are in fact becoming hard to source. Pool center dot com shows all parts for this cleaner as 'no longer available' I see a few on ebay, but not the typical wear, easy to break items.

Anyone else know of a source for parts for this pressure side cleaner? I found swimmingpoolsetc dot com and they list the parts but it's not clear whether they are actually in stock and they're closed until Monday.

If anyone knows of a stash of these parts, it looks like it's time (if it's not too late) to order some extra parts...

Thanks,

Dan

FYI, I am actively seeking any and all new old stock, used parts, even broken units with serviceable parts for this cleaner that anyone may have. I'd very much like to make my unit last another season or two (or three!). If you have any of these and are willing to sell, please, send me an email at dgfiletti@comcast[dot]net (replace the "[dot]" with "."

Thanks!

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.