Newly Filled Pool

Jun 12, 2014
Hauppauge, NY
Ok my liner is getting replaced this weekend yay... Therefore pool will be getting filled with fresh tap water.

What should my plan of attack be with my chemicals

I was going to test once full and right away get my PH correct. Next I was going add enough chlorine to get my pool into range, then I was going to add my stabilizer.

According to the Pool calculator I need to add approx 12 lbs of stabilizer to the pool to get it to 40 CYA. (how should I add 12 lbs of CYA, I have read the sock method but 12 lbs is a lot. Should this all be added at once in multiple socks or over a period of time.) If I am missing anything please let me know as Id like to get my chemicals ready so I am prepared for the weekend.

I am using a Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

My pool specs are in my signature

Sounds like a decent plan.

Test the pH, TA, and CH. The CYA is 0 and the FC and CC are likely near zero as well.

I would add 2ppm of FC first. Then adjust the pH and TA as needed. And get the CYA dissolving as soon as you can (multiple socks or add it in multiple steps).

Keep an eye on the FC as the sun is going to destroy it pretty quickly until the CYA gets dissolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.