Dirty Chlorine Cylinder - TF100

Mar 30, 2014
Stevensville, MD
I have been doing a lot of testing while slamming my pool. Now I have a tacky hazy residue on my chlorine cylinder and my blue spoons are black(bowl area). I find this weird since I am very careful to rinse before and after every test.

I would like to clean the chlorine cylinder and spoons. I fear that the build up may start effecting the results slightly, if it continues. Simple water and paper towels do not work, it is too tacky.

Thanks!

The acid will work fine. Your use of the word "tacky" makes me think there is some built up residue....that's not normal.

Cylinder (and/or spoon) should be RINSED and then shaken out and put back in the kit. All I ever get is a charcoal-like coating that is thin....like maybe a thin coat of paint and it comes off easily with muriatic and water....about 2 parts water and 1 part muriatic.

Rinsing your cylinder with RO or distiller water helps keep glassware cleaner longer. Still. A bath in MA as mentioned should be routine for everyone at least once a summer. You can't do it too often so it's up to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.