SWG and CYA??

May 21, 2014
Westport, MA
So I am about to install my SWG (Aqua rite pro T-15). I added about 500 lbs of salt to my pool....
Water is clear, and the chemistry appears right.

FC- 2.88
TC- 2.93
PH-7.9
CYA- 49 (Stabilizer??)
TA- 104
Cal- 190
Salt 3240 ppm

My question is that the CYA when using a SWG is supposed to be higher than when using chlorine (I think)...
So should I try to get the CYA up to the 70-80, or will the SWG take care of that once it is up and running?
If not how should I get it to increase....? I am assuming that CYA is stabilizer also...

Thanks

How did your get those test results? They are clearly not from one of the Recommended Test Kits.

CYA = stabilizer = conditioner = cyanuric acid

The SWG will not raise it, you have to add it. BUT, I am not sure I would add it based on those test results which may be wildly off.

As others mentioned get a kit and get familiar with it. Did you see how they performed the tests? Reason I ask is the ta being 104 strikes me as odd. Every pool store I used does a drop test that you then multiply by ten.
I recently installed a a swg myself and was in your shoes. Use their numbers as a ballpark idea but trust your own results. My cya was 100 according to the pool store but when I did my own extended tests I ended with much higher and drained part of my pool before the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you know when it was last calibrated? Do you know if the user has been trained with the machine properly?
If not, how can you believe anything it spits out? Digital testers always reminds me of this cartoon:

dilbert-randomnumbergenerator999.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.