Hayward Generator not working

max4

Jun 23, 2014
Richmond
Please do not post the same thing multiple times. Your other post has been removed. Thanks, jblizzle

Hi All I checked my Hayward salt generator last night and it was showing COLD on the display and the generating light was blinking fast , I shut it off and it did the same thing . Now the generator does nothing Power light on but does not click on after about 10 seconds like it did, it shows temp and salt level but doesn`t generate , any help on where to start to troubleshot.

well it appears to be working again , I took the flow sensor out and it appears to be working , took a look at the cell and it looks good ( had it cleaned last week ) looked at the board no burnt looking spots and the varister is intact, anyway when I turned it back on it started generating here`s the #s
Salt 2800
Temp 76
Voltage 27
Amps 3.32
Salt setting 50%
salt reading -2600
Al-6
r 1.45

is there anything I can check not much around here for pool supplys or help I am in PEI Canada

Your salt level is on the edge of being too low and then the SWG will not generate.
Also realize the the 50% is not a salt setting. It is the % of time that the SWG will generate FC while it is powered on. So right now, half the time it will not be generating and will report the amps as 0

its a 30 foot by 53 inch pool I added a half a bag( 20 lbs ) to see where it goes to. I was under the impression that the % dial was to control the cell output while the system is on , mine runs 24/7 and the generator light is always on and the cell runs at whatever percentage of the output it takes to keep my pool at 3ppm of free chlorine .

That is not how they work. It is a % on setting.
If you have it powered for 24 hours and it set at 50%, then it is actually generating for 12 hours. If you set it at 25% it will generate for 6 hours. The cycle time is something like 1-2 hours I think. For at 50% it would generate one hour and be off the next hour and then back on the following hour ... etc.

YOU have to determine what % setting is required to keep the FC at the correct level.

Using PoolMath, you pool is about 21200 gallons, so 40 lbs of salt would add 225 ppm of salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.