New AB pool owner

Jime

Jun 19, 2014
Memphis, TN
So, I made the decision to purchase an Intex Ultra Metal Frame 22' round pool for the kids. I went ahead and purchased the pool bc it was on sale and the stock in store was selling fast. After reading through the various post on here, I know the first thing I need to check is my fill water. I plan to add the Intex or similar salt water system to the pool so I am not certain which test kit will fit my needs. I was leaning towards the TF100. Will this kit fit my needs or is there another that would be better for my setup.

I am still in the planning/prepping stage currently. I need to cut out several inches for the pool to lay level.

Welcome Jime! :wave:

No, there is no other kit that you will need, and there is no better value for the dollar on the market. It has ample quantities of top grade reagents and will suit you well. You're on the right track, as knowledge and understanding 98% of what you need to be successful in managing a pool.

Thanks for confirming the kit. Another question, can I use the included pump and filter now for a chlorine and then switch the pool over to a saltwater system when I decide on the model I need. Or do I need to just wait till the salt water system arrives to install and fill the pool? Can the TFPC method be followed with a salt water pool?

I am looking at this salt water system to install:
Intex CS8110 Krystal Clear Saltwater Sytem
Intex SF20110 Sand Filter pump

then add Intex deluxe wall mount skimmer for help cleaning the surface.

My test kit finally arrived. I tested the water from the faucet with hose that will be used to fill the pool. Here are the results:

FC= 0
pH= 6.8
TA= 90
CH= 75
CYA=0

I think I followed the correct testing procedures. I followed the instructions and watched the videos as well.

Using the pool math calculations, I need to add:
86oz of 6% belach
111oz/w of borax
24oz/w of baking soda
285oz/w calcium chloride
56oz/w stabilizer

Am I on the right path?

Thanks Smykowski.

I am most likely going to wait till next season on the swg since I am getting a late start into this season. I figure I am about 1 more day in getting the ground in order to assemble the pool. The several inches turned in to about 2 feet on the high side. I way under estimated the amount of grade work needed for my pool to be level and the rain we have been getting lately. I have been doing all the work by shovel so I can "appreciate" the pool more. Yeah, something like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.