ring around the pool

Oct 1, 2007
Lafayette, La
I have a 15000 gal fiberglas pool. I noticed a ring around the water line that does not just wipe off. I vaguely remember reading something about ph level and chlorine level causing such a ring. Does anyone know what I am talking about and is it high ph and lower chlorine level? Yesterdays readings were FC- 3; CC-0; TC-3; ph 7.6-7.8 (color variation kills me) TA 80; CYA-50; TCAL- 240 water temp 86. Otherwise my pool is clear blue and beautiful.

the majic eraser is godsend. my FG steps had quite a ring on them, a couple mins with the eraser and it was brilliant white again. I then got on my floatie and went around the tile line (vinyl) it brought it right back up.

The Magic Eraser is slightly abrasive. Used appropriately it is fine but if you start really scrubbing you can scratch the vinyl. When it works, it works with only a little effort and scratching is not an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.