First readings new easyset

Jun 2, 2014
Bend, OR
Hello all,
12x30 Easyset filled today with city water. Tested TC and PH and tried the TA test (I didn't add enough agent).
TC was 0, the water was clear
PH was 7.5

I tried the TA test but got to 12 drops (was dark pink) and stopped. Didn't read here first so I'll have to retest this one.

Intex website shows the pool to have 1485 gallons?

Thank you in advance

Don't worry about TA. You need to get some bleach in the pool asap. Pour in a cup of regular household bleach (no fragrance, no "splash less", just original bleach). Then read the article on Temporary Pools in Pool School: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/155-guide-for-seasonal-temporary-pools

Post back with questions after you've read that Pool School article. But get some bleach in it for now, and for now you could likely put in 1/2 cup in the morning and 1/2 cup in the evening to limp through until you have had time to read up on it. I'm short on time right now, but there is tons of info on this site for pool care for one like yours. Happy Swimming!

Added ~12 oz of liquid bleach slowly this morning with the pump running. Ordered CYA on Amazon, will be here in two days. I'll add 19 oz of liquid stabilizer when it arrives. I'll test chlorine daily starting tonight when the sun drops. This pool is only in the sun from say morning till about 1pm then shade rest of the day. Anything else I'm missing? According to the pool calc I'm using say 1400 gal, can someone double check my notes and verify I'm using that calculator correctly? Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Two last questions.
1. How soon can the family start swimming? Do I have to wait till the CYA arrives and the chlorine level is up? It was at zero chlorine last night.
2. When adding chlorine is it ok to add with the solar cover on? I pulled it back and poured the bleach in slowly while the pump was running then closed the cover.

How soon till ready for swimmers?

12x30 easyset filled yesterday. 12oz of bleach added this morning with the pump running.

The readings off the T1000 were as followsT
The chlorine was at zero, water was clear.
The PH was 7.5

I've ordered liquid CYA from Amazon that will be here in two days.

Do I have to wait till the chlorine reaches the correct level before we can jump in? I figured it's like a big kiddie pool, and you just fill and jump in... no?

Re: How soon till ready for swimmers?

You should add 2ppm of FC and swim.
Why not just buy solid CYA locally? It would have been dissolved by the time your liquid shows up.

Re: How soon till ready for swimmers?

It should only take about 30 minutes for teh chlorine to register. on the test If it still reads 0, you need to bring it up to 2 ppm.
Also make sure your PH is in range and then jump in!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.