Pool Vacuum Help

So I just finally got my pool up in the back yard. As my signature states, I installed an Intex Ultraframe Rectangular 32 x 16 pool and my family is loving it. My problem is I purchased the Intex Deluxe Maintenance Pool Kit which has the 1.25 inch vacuum hose and head with it. The sand filter pump which is 2650 gph appears to run dry when I try to use this vacuum. I prime it and remove all the air and after it runs for about 10 seconds it does this weird bubbling thing and sucks in air. Is the problem due to the fact the hose is undersized for the amount of suction coming from this pump? If so, could the situation be rectified with a 1.50 inch hose? Just trying to understand what would cause this issue before buying any other equipment. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because the floor of the pool is fast becoming littered with various types of debris.

Thanks duraleigh. I looked at the article and it all makes sense now. I haven't really thought about it but there is some bubbling taking place in the strainer basket of the pump. On further review, I found some of the fittings on the SWG were very loose and tightened those down as well as the return connection to the pool was loose. I haven't hooked the vacuum up again but I am hoping this was the problem.

I don't know if anyone else will have this problem but I finally figured out the culprit of the air leak. The newer Intex plunger valves have a vacuum bleed valve on the suction side and the return side. My pump came with these two little plastic caps which I couldn't figure out what they were for. Nothing in the documentation I read mentioned the use for them either but I just so happened to stumble upon their use from a google search. These little plastic caps are meant to be put over the vacuum bleed valves to prevent air from sucking in during vacuuming. Thank god for Google because Intex definitely didn't help out on this one.

I don't know if anyone else will have this problem but I finally figured out the culprit of the air leak. The newer Intex plunger valves have a vacuum bleed valve on the suction side and the return side. My pump came with these two little plastic caps which I couldn't figure out what they were for. Nothing in the documentation I read mentioned the use for them either but I just so happened to stumble upon their use from a google search. These little plastic caps are meant to be put over the vacuum bleed valves to prevent air from sucking in during vacuuming. Thank god for Google because Intex definitely didn't help out on this one.

I'm having the same issue...can you take a photo of these "caps"?
Otherwise, does anyknow know what the thread size is do i can buy a bolt or something to put in it's place?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.