Collecting items for SLAM. quick questions.

Jun 9, 2013
Oklahoma City / OK
Test kit, on the way.

I'll get my bleach tomorrow.

I picked up some laundry booster to have on hand when needed down the road. I may need a little to bump PH up a little bit.

Picked up some baking soda for Alk up.

Question is as follows:

SLAM recommends setting PH to somewhere between 7.2 and 7.5. Right now I'm at 7.2 so thats no problem.

What about Alkalinity? Where do I need to be prior to starting SLAM? Right now I'm at 50.
I don't see Alk recommendations on the SLAM instruction page.

Thanks!

TA doesn't matter for the SLAM. Just bring it up to recommended range. What do you usually use to chlorinate? SWG users like their TA a little lower.

I used to use pucks (Trichlor) and dry chlorine (Cal Hypo). Not anymore. I will be using either 8.25 or 12.5 bleach.

- - - Updated - - -

So after SLAM is done, do I need to go ahead and bring it back up to the 80-100 range with baking soda?...or is it more like 70-90 range?

It would be easier to answer your questions if you would please put the following information in your signature.

The size of your pool in gallons
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the size, model number or flow rate of the filter.
If you know, please tell us the size pump in HP. Also mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner

You'll need the 20 Mule Team Borax and muriatic acid. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/4655-So-you-want-to-add-borates-to-your-pool-Why-and-How

Attachments

• Borax addition.jpg
    Borax addition.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 42
OK, I'll add that info in my Sig... Looks like I got the correct Boraxo product. I forgot to mention, I have a gallon and a half of Muratic Acid if and when I need it. So, I'll have my 12.5 bleach today and then all I gotta do is wait for my test kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.