soggy spot in pool bottom?

I cant be sure, but it look like there is a round spot, about 2x2' that is "soggy" for lack of a better word

(this is on a pool that is with a house we are looking at purchasing)

any ideas what this may be???

- - - Updated - - -

there is only water in the deep end, it has been drained to the point where liner is visible to floor in the shallow half, hence why I can see the floor where it is "soggy looking"

I think liner needs to be replaced... it looks like a few tears.

Can tears be fixed, or is that a bad idea?

Also there is a cracked pipe somewhere...sigh

I have not got the pool guy out to inspect yet, as the nearest one is 4 hours away~

I will venture to guess that there is ground water under the liner that is causing the "soggy" spot. If the liner has tears then it needs to be replaced. trying to fix them will not end well. Also, if the liner has ben left exposed like it is it may be getting dried out and brittle. The liner is a fairly easy job to replace for a pool tech. The broken pipe can be another whole problem itself finding it is most of the battle. Then you have to get to it to repair it.

Ground water can come from run-off from heavy rains, a high water table, or it could be water trapped between the liner and the earth. Trapped water could be a plumbing break or a leak in the liner itself. Whether or not it is a big deal depends on where its coming from.

Usually, once a pool is filled and the level of the pool water is above the ground water, the underground water is not a problem. The weight of the pool being higher than the ground water will outweigh the ground water and keep the liner in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.