TF-100 and Pool store test don't agree?!?

Flatlander

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2012
Oklahoma City
I have been testing the water about a month now and was going into the Pool store to buy more conditioner to bring up the CYA and decided to take a sample for them to test. Now I don't know what to think?? They talked me out of buying more conditioner. Any thoughts? Thanks

My results with TF-100:
FC 3
CC 0
Ph 7.5
CH 275
TA 70
CYA 25
Salt 3500

Their results:
FC 3
CC 0
Ph 7.8
CH 230
TA 130 *
CYA 60 *
Salt 2900 *

* denotes significant differences IMHO
Note: 2 gallons of liquid Instant Water Conditioner have been added since plaster.

My impression is that if you have the same water tested by multiple pool owners with TF-100/K-2006 kits they will tend to get relatively similar results, but if you do the same with multiple pool stores you will typically see much less similarity. Given that, going with the TF-100 results seems like a good choice.

This is obviously totally unfair to the occasional pool store that always has experienced people using accurate tests in a consistent manner, but those seem to be much more of an exception than you might initially think.

Right here: Post #6
attachment.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.