brown - Pool pressure too high

brown

Jun 19, 2014
lawrenceville GA
My pool pressure is way too high. I just brought a house with a pool and the pool pressure is at 30.
I have a sand filter.Hayward S244S Pro Series Side Mount Sand 24in. Tank In Ground Pool Filter I think. I believe my pool hold 18,000 gallons of water. I have tried everything to lower the pressure. when I backwash that when my pressure is the highest. On recirculate the pump goes down to 20 to 25. I have checked the fan, I also took off the Jandy valve and looked through all the pipes to make sure there was nothing in them. I cleaned the skimmer basket and made sure there was nothing in the pipes by pumping water through them with a waterholes and nothing seems to be working. when I turn the pump off the gauge reads at 8 or 10. I was wondering if that was the problem. when I put the pump on filter all of the return jets seem to be working fine. there is lots of water coming out of them.

Re: Help pool pressure is too high

Thank you.. I had the gauge changed this morning and it still reading 29 psi. I have no idea what it could be. How would I know if there is a blockage some where? What would happen If I keep it running at 29 psi?Thank you for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.