A friend sent me this.

This is the type of article that I'd expect after all is said about the dangers of swimming in a "chlorine" pool they'd recommend only swimming in a salt water pool (also full of chlorine from the salt).

"Consider wearing a mask and snorkel to shield your eyes – and even a wetsuit, if you are willing to go that far!" If I went that far I might as well just fill it in and plant grass.

I hope they sent it to you as a joke and not a warning on the dangers of your pool.

This is the type of article that I'd expect after all is said about the dangers of swimming in a "chlorine" pool they'd recommend only swimming in a salt water pool (also full of chlorine from the salt).

"Consider wearing a mask and snorkel to shield your eyes – and even a wetsuit, if you are willing to go that far!" If I went that far I might as well just fill it in and plant grass.

I hope they sent it to you as a joke and not a warning on the dangers of your pool.

I am sure they do not put SALT on anything they eat either! I guess they think that salt water generator disinfects with the salt only and does not manufacture chlorine theough an electrochemical reaction....that creates CHLORINE!!!

It was sent as a joke.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We went down metal slides after they baked in the hot sun...and kept going up for more....spun on the merry go round at the park until we couldn't walk straight from being so dizzy. I will take my chlorinated pool over a pond or lake any day.

I have the solution, I will smear myself head to toe with vaseline so none of the water actually touches my skin. The chlorine can never absorb into my skin. I can see me in Walmart now, a dozen or so gallons of bleach and 500 jars of vaseline!

One lady in the comments said she coats her kids with cocoa butter before swimming.

I have the solution, I will smear myself head to toe with vaseline so none of the water actually touches my skin. The chlorine can never absorb into my skin. I can see me in Walmart now, a dozen or so gallons of bleach and 500 jars of vaseline!

I think if I was the clerk at Walmart and had to ring up a cart like that I would say,"Whoo hoo! Where's the party?" Of course you would need to add about a case of Dawn dish washing liquid to get all that Vaseline off!

Oh zea3, that just put the worst mental pictures in my mind... I don't know if that was your intention or not but wow, bad :suspect:

I'm sure they wouldn't use Vaseline either. It's made from oil so must leach toxins in to the skin and cause super skin cancer. It could even give you dino-rabies I have heard. My astrologist sent me a link to the scientific article, but unfortunately I lost it when they took Geocities offline. :rolleyes:

These are the same people who prefer well water because they think it's more natural(at the same time they don't realize the city checks the water continuously whereas most home owners with wells rarely if ever check their water)....I have a well btw...

My kids take lessons at a private pool (25 metres in length) which is indoor...they just switched from chlorine derived from salt to a UV light system(similar to what I have in my home to kill bacteria)....anyone heard of such a thing for the backyard pool?

Outside, the sun will breakdown the CC much faster than the ozone or UV system ... ever gotten sun burnt?

Inside, in high use pools, the CC may build up and need supplemental oxidation from those systems. They still should be maintaining the same relative FC / CYA levels though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.