Caretaker 99 blockage

Jun 22, 2014
Chandler, AZ
I have a 5 port Caretaker 99 infloor cleaning system that seems to have a blockage. When the pump is turned on and the valve is turned to the cleaning system water sprays out of the joint in the pipe leading to the Caretaker and the cleaning system itself does nothing.

The pipes are tight, and all filters and baskets are clean, including the screen leading to the Caretaker.

My first reaction was to rebuild the guts, but this had no effect. I've also pulled every head in the pool to look for a blockage there, but they are all clear. Short of having to repull the guts again and stare at something that looks alright to me; has anyone had this problem before, or does anyone have a suggestion on what to do next.

Update - I repulled the guts and everything is fine. I tried running a hose down each port, and all are free from blockage. As a last resort, I replace the pressure relief valve, since everything else checks out. As i suspected, that did nothing. Unfortunately, there is nothing else I can do, so I will have to call a repairman.

It sounds like maybe the guts are not actually opening to let water past. I think something is wrong with those guts. You could always take them out, put the top back on, and run the pump and you should get flow out of all you zones at once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.