Adding a Light - Savi Melody or Intellibrite 5G

Jun 21, 2014
Ajax
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of replacing my liner and looking to add a light. My pool guy recommended the Savi Melody lights. I've read mixed reviews on these overall, as well they seem suited for a new build where you can put 3 or 4 to cover your whole pool. With this being an addition to an old pool that never had a light, the only place we can easily put them are against the deep end wall.

I have a Grecian shaped pool, so the 2 Melody lights would be on the back wall, only 6 feet apart from each other.

So my question is, do you think it would be better to go with 1 Intellibrite 5G or 2 Savi Melody lights for this situation?

Thank you for your suggestions.

For the most light for the money I would go with two incandescents.

Hayward claims its Colorlogic is brighter. So you might want to look at those. I'd go shopping at two or three pool stores and ask. Note that light manufacturers tell you everything about their lights except hoew much light they put out.

Thanks gwegan for your suggestion. I think I would like a coloured light, so I'm going to go with an LED.

I looked into the Hayward, but I found some bad reviews and some people actually switching their Hayward to the Intellibrite as they are similar sizes.

Just wanted to do one bump on this post as I have to give the pool guy a decision in the morning. I'm still torn between the 1 larger Intellibrite vs 2 smaller Savi melody lights.

I'm leaning towards the Intellibrite as I have not found any bad reviews, but my pool guy says he installs far more Savi Melody! Argh!

Any last minute suggestions? Any Intellibrite or Savi Melody owners out there?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.