Coping-tile-interface repair.

Jun 22, 2014
Boston, MA
Folks,

New to pool ownership and looking for some advice, if you please.

We have an unground gunite swimming pool with a row of 4 approximately 1 inch square tiles along the water line, above which is a bead of white caulking/sealant (for lack of a precise definition...it's the layer between the tile and the brick coping). The caulk/sealant is a somewhat sandy/fine-pebbly white sealant that has come off in places. Not sure what the original material is. However, right above this layer and just under the brick coping, a fine crack is present, pretty much around the entire perimeter of the pool coping. Not a big deal, but I've noticed some grass or dirt coming thru it, as well as some bugs. I'd like to seal it up with a white sealant, so as to prevent bugs and dirt from entering the pool. The crack is probably 1/16 to 1/8 inch thick in most areas, really a fine crack and not a big deal.

Any ideas as to what I should use?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate the input!!!

SR

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.