Intex metal frame 15 foot pool - how do you keep cove ron in summer

poolsam

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2014
Bangor, maine
Our pool is surrounded by trees and gets a lot of crud falling on it. We often have days between uses. Last summer I used just the solar cover as a cover but it got quite dirty and every time I removed it, all the stuff landed in the pool. I started to apply the vinyl Intex pool cover (the one with drawstring) but am wondering if anyone has an ideas on securing it to the metal frame. Ideally a spring clip over the top 2 inch bar and cover would hold it in place nicely.

What do other do in a similar environment - solar cover alone, solar and vinyl? How do you secure the vinyl?

We have a very mature and large maple tree close to our pool. We only use a solar cover,but I was having the same issue with the top of the solar cover getting filthy,then trying to take it off without all the crud going into the pool was impossible.So I ended up cutting the solar cover into 4 sections. This will make it much easier to take off each piece without having all of the junk falling into our pool.

Cutting the solar cover into strips makes it a lot easier to take the cover off without dumping everything in the pool. Also having a real skimmer means the leaves will get pulled in when the get into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.