Tucson Pool Cost

pack66

Jun 17, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Hi, I noticed you're in Tucson and I had a few questions for you.

We're considering buying a house and putting in a pool, most likely not new construction. For a typical build (say 18x32, I think), with a water feature (rocks waterfall or something similar), an led light and SWG (or regular chlorine) what am I looking at in price? $25k to $35k? How do most people pay for there pools? Financed through the builder or a personal bank loan? We have roughly 25k in equity from the sale of our last house and we could put it towards the pool with a VA mortgage for the house, or just go with a straight loan for the pool. Finally, are there builders you recommend/not recommend in the OV/Tucson area?

thanks for whatever information you can provide.

I wouldn't think Tucson would be much cheaper than SoCal & I'm paying about double your estimate for a pool a little smaller (16x32), salt water, raised bond beam, etc. I'm paying cash, but I know my PB did have some companies offering equity and personal loans for pools.
GL

We're going to hit Patio Pools tomorrow and see what they can tell us. We're trying to make the decision between an existing house with a pool vs. buying a less expensive house and putting one in. One of the discussions I plan on having is how most people pay for a pool. We could use the money from the house we just sold and not put any money into the purchase of the house, which would probably hit us pretty hard in taxes. Or we could put all of our money into the purchase of the house and try for a home equity loan.

If you install a pool, you will never get the cost back in value, but you get what you want. I built the pool at the first house and probably would not do it again since there are so many house out there with them already.

This house has a huge looking pool with slide and diving board that was a swamp. After moving on we had it resurfaced and tiled and it looks great. Easily $50k+ to have something similar built now which we would never have been able to afford.

I would certainly look at houses with pools, but if you find the house of your dreams without one, that makes your decision a little harder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.