Winter covers and deck styles

ballparkmom

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2008
Arkansas
I wasn't sure if I should post this under equipment or swimming pool build but here goes... our friend who is helping us build the deck around the pool asked a great question. How do you attach a winter cover to a deck that is built right under the top railing of an above ground pool? Only half of our pool will be surrounded by this deck. The other half exposed. Thanks in advance for your advice. I need lots of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer:

When we built our deck we left enough room between the top rail of the pool and the deck so we could slide the cover between them. Pool covers are large enough to go over the top rail and then there is a cable that threads through eyelets in the cover and its tightened with a little ratchet.

I've seen several variations, but my BIL I think has a good solution. On the side of the deck that is under the rail, he uses the "waterbags" the long ones, and holds the cover in place with 3-4 of the long ones, and then the other side where there is no deck, it's cinched normally. Does that make sense? I know someone else who removes the top rail, slides the cover in, replaces....gosh what a pain.

Our pool has a one inch gap between the rail and the deck, they are level with each other.

Our other SIL has a 6 inch drop between the deck and the top rail, with a one inch gap to provide room for the cover..

Hope this helps....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.