iAquaLink missing buttons

Aug 30, 2013
Maryland
Hi everyone,

So I just installed my new iAqualink module as an add on. I am able to turn my devices on and off from online or the mobile app, but there are no menu or OneTouch buttons.

Essentially I have nowhere to set programs or change settings like I do on the PDA. Any ideas?

Yes, the web version on my PC looks the same as it does on my phone - http://prntscr.com/3v1vd5

Hello,
I am having the exact same issue. I have a zodiac Z4 pool only controller with an iaqualink 2.0. It is quite useless without being able to access the setup / schedules from a web page. It is basically a glorified key fob without this capability in my opinion.
If you were able to resolve this issue I would greatly appreciate knowing what you did to fix it. Otherwise, I plan to call the zodiac tech support Monday.

Thanks!

I spoke to Zodiac's support, who weren't particularly helpful. But after awhile, we got to the fact that even though I have PDA Rev 6, the iAquaLink system isn't truly compatible with the PDA. You have to upgrade the control board to an AquaLink RS system, which is about $500. Crazy.

Hello,
I am having the exact same issue. I have a zodiac Z4 pool only controller with an iaqualink 2.0. It is quite useless without being able to access the setup / schedules from a web page. It is basically a glorified key fob without this capability in my opinion.
If you were able to resolve this issue I would greatly appreciate knowing what you did to fix it. Otherwise, I plan to call the zodiac tech support Monday.

Thanks!

I talked to a couple Zodiac tech support people (first time my cell phone signal dropped) and apparently you are pretty much limited to turning things on and off remotely (web browser or mobile app) through the iAqualink 2.0 with a Z4 controller. However, the first tech support person WAS able to remotely connect in to my system and view ALL of my configuration. So, it sounds like the hardware is capable of doing this but they have limited the software to prevent this feature. Wow. This blows my mind that they would limit the functionality of their new controller and not visibly state that the Z4's functionality is limited in this fashion on the product information page. It took me a while to find a small note in the iAqualink 2.0 manual indicating the following:
NOTE:
The Web Browser Interface is not available for use with the AquaLink Z4 controller.

Which to me makes no sense since the Web Browser Interface is what I was using to access the Z4 remotely (IE, Firefox, etc...). It should say the Web tab / option is not available from the Z4 and without this tab / option it is unable to access the systems configuration / setup.

Very disappointed with the Zodiac Z4 & iAqualink 2.0 to say the least...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I know this is an old thread and I'm replying to it because it was one of the first search results when I was trying to solve my very similar problem. I bought the IQ-20a (just the antenna) for about $300 thinking I got a deal. Whoops. I did not have to replace the entire control board, just the 50 pin CPU chip with a revision "R" or later. I put a Revision "T" CPU in that I bought on eBay from a very knowledgeable seller for $150 and poof, all the setup menus appeared and work great. The only problem is the PDA basically becomes a glorified on/off switch which doesn't matter much to me because the PDA makes me feel like I'm back in the 90's with its no contrast screen and laggy response.

Thanks for the post. I PMed you CaptainCannonball. I have having the same issue with my Aqualink Z4. No way to change schedules from the phone or web. Very misleading as I would not have purchased this product if I had known this. All the documentation states that it does this unless you read the very small print.

Thanks for the post. I PMed you CaptainCannonball. I have having the same issue with my Aqualink Z4. No way to change schedules from the phone or web. Very misleading as I would not have purchased this product if I had known this. All the documentation states that it does this unless you read the very small print.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the Z4. The CPU was a very easy upgrade for the RS, but maybe someone will chime in if you start a new post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.