Hillsborough, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I noticed a in another posting, someone suggested diluting the water 50% when testing the CYA levels. Just so I understand, was this to get a more accurate reading? I am assuming because the lines are so close once you past the 60-level range that by diluting your water 50% and then takig the reading and doubling it will get you slightly more accurate reading. Is this the purpose of doing this?

The reason is for testing when they Cya is over the high range of the test which is 100 PPM Cya. That is the only reason.

Yes, you can dilute with another source like distilled or tap water as long as it's clear and not turbid at all. Some find it easier to read, but its just a preference for me not too unless the high end range is exceeded. In the case of Cya, it isn't a huge deal like on some tests, but any time you dilute, you lose accuracy.

OK, now I understand, only when your reading is over 100 because that's the highest the marking go. Now that make sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.