Comments on Specific Hayward Pumps

Alamo

Jun 13, 2014
Texas
I have 30 year old 20,000 gal fibre glass pool, the 3/4hp A.O Smith after 10 years finally went with the bearings shot. Pulled motor and found the impeller in the Hayward SP 1600 had a severe crack. Couldn't find a replacement part in San Antonio, called Hayward and told the impeller or any parts for 1600 aren't made anymore, need to buy an updated drive kit (diffuser, impeller, seal plate, motor mounting plate) for about $100 and would still need other gaskets. Add the new motor and you are at $300 ballpark.

I can get the following Hayward pumps/motors on line for about that price:
1. Super Pool or SPII
2. Maxflow or MF XL

Anyone familiar with these four. Comments? I know there are more efficient pumps, but it is very possible pool area will be a vegetable garden in a year or two...Us, the children and grandchildren have all used it, but interest has waned; and being in San Antonio the almost 12 month maintenance, time and cost are problematic.

Also any comments on preferred websites to purchase the above.

Thanks!

1. Never heard of Super Pool but I have heard of a SuperPump. The SuperPump is a smaller pump than the SuperII.
2. MaxFlo is a good pump and very efficient. The XL is the current generation.

As long as you don't have any high flow rate requirements, the MaxFlo is a good choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.