Slope to deep end

Jun 6, 2013
I am trying to finalize our pool and was wondering how steep the ramping from shallow end to dive end can be?

Right now ours is planned at 2:1 (8'6" to 3'6" in 10ft) however, our PB is saying 3:1 is standard.

Does it matter?

The pool is 38x16x27x18 true L.

We want to keep the entire 27x18 shallow. Then the dive pool would be the 20x16 section. So there would be 4' coming off the wall, 6' dive box, and then 10' sloping up to the shallow end.

Thanks

Our pool goes from 10' to 3.5' in 9 feet. We wanted plenty of room to dive with a big shallow end...

20 x 44.5 single roman end, ~33,000 gallons, 10 feet deep, garrett vinyl liner, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Hayward 2 HP Pump, Cirrcupool RJ60 SWG, Hayward 140k BTU Heater, Polaris 380 with Booster Pump

If you want plenty of room at the shallow end you need more length IMO. Ours is 36 ft and we have precious little. We don't regret it, and we knew it would be.

I was quoted another spec (after we built of course) and I found it very interesting. For safety, there is also a formula that is accepted and it's this:

18' feet from the END of the diving board should be 5' deep minimum. I got out a tape and we BARELY meet this one. You will see that if you do, it will eat a ton of shallow end in a shorter pool. If I were doing this again, I would go 40' minimum if I wanted any significant amount of shallow end.

As for the Slope, the 3:1 rule is the industry accepted amount.

Here is a drawing of our pool. We are trying to contain the deep end to the one area if the L, which would increase the slope.

33kevmc.jpg

Think we need to make it 40' long? But i dont think I would make the shallow end any wider than 18'? So by lengthening the pool Im not sure we would gain anything but less of a slope?

We have increased the depth to 8'6" since this last drawing.

Our other option, which my wife is pushing for, is to eliminate the diving board and just make it 6'. Since Im such a big kid I am pushing for the interfab t7 diving board with waterfall and led lights!

We ended up 10 feet deep and extending the deep end floor to 10 ft by 10 ft (that's how we arrived at the steep slope). It's nice to have that much water to dive...we are all tall.

20 x 44.5 single roman end, ~33,000 gallons, 10 feet deep, garrett vinyl liner, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Hayward 2 HP Pump, Cirrcupool RJ60 SWG, Hayward 140k BTU Heater, Polaris 380 with Booster Pump

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.