New $25 Carb = new lawnmower

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello All,
I've got a 1995 Toro self propelled mower that was giving be fits. I knew it was a carb issue, cleaned it, but it kept gunking up. I knew it really needed to be dip cleaned but didn't want to have the chemical cleaner around. Checked on eBay and got a new replacement for $25 bucks delivered. 5 minutes to swap it out. Primer bulb, pressed 3 times, first pull, started right up.

Life is good.

Now if only they could make a small pod like they do for dishwashers or laundry detergent that you toss in the pool at the beginning of the season with all the chemicals needed for the year for $25 !!!!

If that is the first significant repair you have done to that mower, I would hang on to it as long as you can.

I'm a fan of the Briggs flathead design. I have three of these (2 were discarded by neighbors and I took them off their hands). All they needed was a carb diaphragm for about $4. They all start on the first pull nearly 100% of the time. This design excels in its simplicity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.