SWG to Chlorine injection - Making the Switch

wmwinn

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I've been on the saltwater bandwagon for the last 11 years. My second salt cell is dying now, and would like to consider the DIY Stenner pump and bleach injection methodology.

Here's a question for any other SWG to Stenner converters:

1) Did you see an decrease in the amount of MA added since leaving SWG? I'm hoping for reduced pH variability without SWG cell aeration / bubbling.

2) If you have an automatic cover, do you consider the absence of salt an advantage over the long term? There are some signs of hardware corrosion / rusting that might be due to presence of salt.

Thanks for any guidance from the fine folks at TFP!!
- Mark -

1) Yes, PH drift will slow down when the aeration from the SWG is removed. However how much of a difference that makes to you greatly depends on what other sources of aeration there are in your pool.
2) There is always salt in the water, even if you never add any. Lower salt levels can slow corrosion, especially of aluminum in direct contact with the water. However, there are other ways to prevent this corrosion, such as a zinc anode, that work even when salt is used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.