Clueless! New to forum

I did break down and floc mine. Before and 20 hours later. It was a big enough difference I could finally see the drain in the deep end.

Attachments

• 060214 2014 before flocking.jpg
    060214 2014 before flocking.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 060514 2014 Clean and clear.jpg
    060514 2014 Clean and clear.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 137
Day 31update:

Ok, so I have passed 2 parts of OCLT!! Loss of only 1ppm FC overnight and CC is zero :whoot: NOW, just to clear up the cloudy!!! Since I have not been able to swim yet this summer and have to go back to my teaching job in ONE week from today..... I'm going to go ahead and try the floc. I will swim this weekend!!!! Wish me luck ......

Thank you sooo much y'all :D I would never have made it this far without all the good people and excellent guidance on this forum!!! If I had NOT found y'all and was still at the pool store, I am certain that I would be bankrupt at this point with no hope what-so-ever of enjoying my pool this season :drown: I feel such a sense of accomplishment and, knowing that "knowledge is power", I am indeed confident that everything I will ever need is right here!!! And, NO, my pool will NEVER be "green monster" again!! Can't wait to post my sparkly pool pics :lovetfp:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's why I'm hesitant to recommend something pretty much everyone is against but I do feel there are times it (floc or clarifier) can help.

Now get in there and swim !! :party::party:

Hi everyone :handwave: It was soooo wonderful to spend time in my pool with my family this past weekend. Thanks to this incredible forum for all the guidance and encouragement for me to be able to do this all by myself!!! Lol!! more like me and all y'all!!

So now that I have finished the SLAM, I need to get all the rest of the chemistry in line :p I have turned the SWG back on to chlorinate at 80%. I will backwash today and add more DE to the filter. And I have not turned off the pump yet.

I did a full battery of tests and here are the results:

pH = 7.8
FC = 5
CC = 0
CH = 200
TA = 120
CYA = less than 20 (dot never disappeared, tested twice)

So, I'm thinking I need to work on CYA first?? Or lower pH first and that takes care of TA, and then CYA?? Need help again.... I'm not going to do anything until I hear from y'all because I don't want to MESS UP anything ;)

You would want to be around 70 for your CYA with a SWG so you might want to add enough in a sock to go up to 50 or 60 and give it a week until you retest. Once you add it to the pool you should just use the target CYA number for your weeks chemical adjustments and not bother to test. Then in a week you can see what it takes to get to 70. Better to be under than over with CYA !!
You can adjust the pH if you want to before or after you toss the CYA into the pool. There isn't any need to wait. I'd go for 7.4
7.8 is OK but it's at the high end of OK and usually water is easier on the eyeballs in the lower end.

Ok, one more question.... on the SWG, when I open the door to the control panel, the number showing is 3000. But when I scroll through to the instant reading number for salt level it's -2900?? (negative 2900) Do I have any salt or not?? Why a negative number? Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.