Placement of shut off valves for new pool build

Hi guys...my build is coming along nicely!...water hit the liner yesterday (slowly). I'm just waiting for siding to go on my pool shed so I can put the plumbing in to connect the equipment. My question is where is the best and practical places for shut off valves? I'm using manual ball valves, I'm going to put a shut off on the main drain, and one on the skimmer, for sure. Then is there any reason I should put one on the returns? Or between pump and filter, filter and heat pump, or heat pump and SWG? Let me know your thoughts on this please...I may as well do it right the first time!
By the way, later today I'll update some pics on my build thread (New build in New Brunswick, Canada). I've been so crazy busy working on this project, that posting pics became low on my priority list!
Thanks for the advice, as always!

Shutoff valves are not required, but they can be very nice to have. Having a shutoff on each line that goes from the pad to the pool is a good setup. There is no point in putting shutoffs between the various pieces of equipment on the pad.

Shutoff valves are not required, but they can be very nice to have. Having a shutoff on each line that goes from the pad to the pool is a good setup. There is no point in putting shutoffs between the various pieces of equipment on the pad.
Thanks for the reply. I understand the reasons for having shutoffs on my skimmer line and my main drain line, but can you enlighten me on the benefits of shutoffs on my return lines. And, if I do put them on the return, is it better to put just one valve before the return splits, or would I benefit from a valve on each return line?

How many return lines do you have? I have a slide, bubbler and normal return (split into three jets at the pool) on my pool and have shut off valves on each. Makes it nice to up the pressure on the slide and/or bubbler when running both.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.