Opinion on deep end!

I've seen about an even split around here. Having/not having a deep end is more of a personal preference. In hot climates, a deep end will help keep the water a bit cooler than it would otherwise be. A common configuration around here is a "Play Pool" - a pool with a very gradually sloped V-shaped bottom with the deepest part (usually about 5' deep) in the middle of the pool and about 3.5' to 4' deep on either end. This configuration is favored by those who frequently play pool volleyball.

srk said:
We would only go about 1.5ft deep.
Is this right? 1.5 ft doesn't sound very deep even for a shallow end. Or are you saying that the deep end would be about 1.5' deeper than the shallow end?

We just had a 28 ft round ABG put in with a deep end. We were undecided about the deep end at first (I post here asking opinions as well). We went with the deep end and love it! It makes the pool. Kids (almost 10, 7 and 5) have a lot of fun in it. Ours is 6ft of water depth (52" pool wall height, water is about 6" from top so I guess they had to dig deep end to a depth of about 26"). It's a big pool, so it still feels like we have enough shallow end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.