PH always constant?

RonW84

Sep 14, 2013
This is my second season with my intex 14x48 ultra frame. Last year and so far this year my PH has always remained at 7.5. Is this normal? The only thing I have ever done is added wally world bleach, CYA, and I added salt this year just to try it out. My numbers are always normal

FC 7.5 in the mornings and usually around 4 by the evening. I add chlorine at night and target 8
CC 0
TA 110
PH 7.5
CH 250
CYA 60

I don't have salt strips but according to the Pool calculator I should be a little over 1000ppm. I added one 40lb bag of salt.

I don't know how much any of this info is relevant but I can't find anything on PH that remains constant. I'm not complaining because thats one less thing I have to worry about, just curious.

In a vinyl lined pool, with no SWG, waterfalls, overflows...It can hold steady for quite a while. Besides chemicals, things that can raise it are what was previously mentioned plus rain, and splashing kids (and probably some other stuff). Anyway, even then it would probably take a lot of rain or splashing to see much effect in a sizable pool.

Now turn a hot tub on high with water breaking the surface, waterfall on, and open the air injectors.....that goes QUICK!

Mine is rock solid at 7.5. All I add is bleach and occasionally CYA when it gets to low. I added borates this year and it's still rock solid.

Mine is rock solid also. About the only time it starts to rise is when I try to beat the Southeast Texas heat and run my fountain. Then I know I can run it at 6 hours for 3 days before I need to bring it back down.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.