Chlorine Test Question

Test my chlorine twice a day with the TF-100 kit religiously. In the instructions it says to use a heaping scoop of the R-0870 powder. This may be a stupid question but how much is really a "heaping" scoop. Is it me or will how much powder I use alter my test result a bit? It seems if I use a rather heavy scoop my reading tends to be higher.

As long as there are some undissolved crystals at the bottom you used enough. Using too much doesn't affect your results, only using too little.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

You can not use too much powder, but too little can cause problems.

If you start with a nice deep pink with a few extra crystals, then you should be using enough. For normal FC levels, one scoop is plenty only at high FC levels might 2 scoops be needed.

Awesome, thank you. Now I feel confident my readings are accurate and my chlorine levels are where they need to be.

- - - Updated - - -

You can not use too much powder, but too little can cause problems.

If you start with a nice deep pink with a few extra crystals, then you should be using enough. For normal FC levels, one scoop is plenty only at high FC levels might 2 scoops be needed.

jb, what FC level would you say would require 2 scoops?

I have no idea ... I think I have gone up to around 20ppm and still only needed 1 ... might have been a little more "heaping" than normal levels where I use a flat scoop.

I've only ever used 1 heaping spoon. When I dig into the powder, it falls off the spoon and I dump it into the testing tube. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.