Thank you!

Apr 27, 2014
CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am new to this site and I am so grateful to have found it! Within a month and a half I have taken control of my 7 year old pool for the first time! In this time I have corrected a CH of over 500 down to 250 by getting my own submersible pump and draining down to the deep end bump. The high calcium hardness ruined a brand new set of cartridges. It was an expensive lesson but ultimately it lead me to this site. FC levels are 5, a pH from greater than 8.0 down to 7.5, TA from 120 to 90, CYA from 100 down to 42, and CSI to 0.02 from who knows what! I feel that getting my own TFP test kit has made all the difference. I now know the relationship of one chemistry level to the rest and I am able to address whatever changes need to be made. The pool school, test kit, and pool math are invaluable and my pool is crystal clear and running perfectly. I am buying my chlorine and muriatic acid from the pool store because the price and concentration make it a better choice than bleach from the store and the containers are recycled. Now that I have my own test kit I have accurate results, unlike the pool store that does not take the time to test as carefully as I will.

So this post is to send a great big THANK YOU! My pool no longer feels like a huge burden but is something that I can handle myself.

:wave: Welcome to TFP and congratulations on taking control!!! :goodjob:

Sometimes the chemicals at the pool store are a better deal ... I get my acid there as well ... and there is nothing wrong with doing so if it saves us money :D

Great post! Welcome to TFP! Stick around and help others! :goodjob: