Pool too "Sparkly"!!!!

golfinglenn

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2013
Springfield, OR
I have a major issue with this whole TFPC method stuff.....My pool is too sparkly!!!!!!! It is hard to see the bottom when I am trying to vacuum up any dirt that gets blown into the pool!!!:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Todays test results (haven't done a full set in about a month) :eek:

FC-3.5
CC-0
PH-7.5
Alk-90
CYA-45

I have so much work to do on the pool. I have to add 16oz of bleach like I do everyday to get to 5ppm......then.....hmmm......should I just lay in the sun, swim....so much to do to the pool.....:rolleyes:

Seriously though, this method is so easy AND works so well!! But I think pool boredom is going to be dangerous. Already looking at new liners and thinking about painting all the metal top panels around the pool when I have them off for liner replacement. There's nothing wrong with the liner, its just faded and soooo boring after looking at some of the new liners folks are putting in their pools lol.

Looks great :goodjob:

I would caution you that you are at the minimum FC level for the CYA. I would suggest you never let it below 4ppm ... maybe start targeting 6ppm each day instead of 5ppm.

Looks like it is time to :swim:

Looks great :goodjob:

I would caution you that you are at the minimum FC level for the CYA. I would suggest you never let it below 4ppm ... maybe start targeting 6ppm each day instead of 5ppm.

Looks like it is time to :swim:

Okay, will shoot for 6 :). I would say it's time to swim but I like the water at 80 and it's only 74. Solar heater should have it up there by this weekend with nothing but sunny skies forcast for a week!! Woo hoo.

We had a warm spring this year (super dry around here, good for wildfires and swimming, bad for lake levels lol) so we were in the pool by Memorial day weekend. I have a 2'x20 solar heater that does a great job heating up my small pool when the sun beats down on it. I think last year we were swimming into October.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
HOWDY VALLEY NEIGHBOR!!! :D:p*waves*

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Hey neighbor!!! I was just over in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago helping fight that Two Bulls fire in Bend. Better not tell the local fire dept. that you have 3300 gallons of water just sitting there in the yard lol, might find a helicopter overhead dropping it's bucket in there for a drink :).

Hey neighbor!!! I was just over in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago helping fight that Two Bulls fire in Bend.

Hey back at ya! :D :waves:
I used to live over there, miss it, believe it or not. But I have grown to like it here too. ^_^
Funny thing is, I never even saw that fire when it was in full blaze, just the after smoke and a billowing column south of Awbrey Butte. Had no idea it was so bad until I saw the video, we get enough fires here that it just becomes part of the landscape in the summer.

Better not tell the local fire dept. that you have 3300 gallons of water just sitting there in the yard lol, might find a helicopter overhead dropping it's bucket in there for a drink :).

BAHAHA HAHA HAAA :D
That's just too funny!! Lols and more Lols
Hopefully next year I'll have around 22k gal in the backyard.

How long have you been a BBB convert? 3rd season here, busy spreading the word as best I can.
Have at least one friend converted to it. Almost NO in ground pools here, maybe like 5 in the whole of Redmond that I have located. Lots of temporary/pop-up pools though.
What are you paying for Cl over there?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

There are only a few pools bigger than the seasonal O-Ring tops over here too. Season is just too short. My pool came with the house, otherwise I don't think I would have put it in.

I converted last year after the previous owners had been using Baqua for years. I had the pink slime and cloudy water. Converted and never looked back. This week I am going to do the Borate addition to soften the water up a little bit.

I get the cl from Costco. 3-128 oz jugs of 8.25 (7.85 actual) bleach for just under $10. I also have a hot tub and I literally haven't been to the pool store in over a year lol. People always comment how well they can see their toes, even in the deep end when they are standing there. So glad I found this site. When I first bought the house I tried to continue with Baqua since that is what was in there.......threw a couple hundred dollars away quick before I got "schooled" lol.

Glenn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.