Intex Saltwater Buildup Problem

Jun 19, 2014
San Jacinto CA
Hello so I'm new to a pool this summer, with a 22ft intex 10,000 gallon above ground pool.

I have had a few problems but it all seems to keep coming back to the white build up on the intex salt system plates. They are getting Calcium Buildup/Scale/Whatever else, this is causing a low salt error, which is causing the chlorine to not be generated. I then Boost the system only to increase the buildup. See the problem. IMAG0751.jpg

It took a couple of weeks for me to get the water within range via pool store testing, but my struggles with the salt system have been my biggest headache, keeping chlorine in the pool.

I have attached a photo of the buildup. Last time checked at pool store, I had perfect amount of salt, My hardness level and been at 200ppm, TA was perfect, now high at 140, and CA was perfect, now low, PH has increased this week as well.

Any ideas what I can do to?

Thanks

That's real quick build up. You probably have high calcium, high TA, and high ph. You need to get a good test kit to test for accurate readings. With SWG a rising pH is somewhat normal. Can't make any suggestions as I don't trust the pool store results. Just to give you some idea, I have a cheap SWG just starting its 4th season. I have never had any build up. I give it a little soak in MA and water at seasons end, and that's it. I suspect that proper pool balance is responsible. I achieve that with a good test kit.

That's what I am thinking as well, is there any suggestion as to how to do this? Right now I am thinking about adding Muriatic Acid, but is it safe for a above ground pool? These are things I don't know.

I read this should lower TA and PH, not sure about CH.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.