Noob Here

Welcome to TFP! Tell us about your pool. Have you ordered a test kit yet? If not, you can find them here :lookhere: Test Kit Comparison. Love my TF100 with the speed stir! :mrgreen:

Casey,

My pool is simply a joke compared to what I see here. It's an Intex 18' by 48" pool. So the story is I just got back from my Florida vacation (this past Monday) and my buddy swings by. Naturally we talk about the vacation, the house we rented and how it had an awesome in ground pool etc. etc. My wife says she wishes we had a pool. Well my buddy was quick to answer lets go to Walmart and we will have you a pool in 3 hours flat for cheap. Well he sells it to me like the sales guy he once was and I ended up with that Intex pool for $430 bucks. Little did I know or think long and hard enough about all the other little things such as maintenance and supplies. I knew it wasn't easy and not for everyone. He told me it was a breeze just get a floater thing with a puck and I'm pretty much all set. I wanted a pool bad so I just rolled with it. He wasn't lying 3 hours later I had a pool in my back yard that was getting filled with water. I knew immediately that it wasn't going to be level but I didn't care at the moment. I just wanted this instant gratification of my spontaneous purchase. Well next day I was floating in my cold pool enjoying a beverage. The spontaneous purchase was a success but I have come to my senses.

After doing more research I noticed I have some issues that will have to be addressed. First thing I learned on this site was to get a "good" test kit. So I bought the Taylor Service Complete Pool Water Test Kit K-2006C for $99. I should have that next week. I read about the BBB method and thought that was for me. I got rid of that puck and added bleach for the first time today. So the other thing that became apparent is after yesterday's storm I have **** on the bottom of my pool (that crappy cover fell into the pool). I need recommendations on some type of vacuum that will go over wrinkles in the vinyl at the bottom. Not sure why I have all the wrinkles but I put it right on top of grass. :)

MY plans are for next season is to get the pool leveled and on some sand. I am not going to drain the water this year to do that. I don't regret my decision but it certainly was a hasty one. I sure hope to get to enjoy it the rest of the summer without many complications and perhaps I will upgrade into something better in the next 3 years.

So that's my story....

if anyone has a vacuum they can recommend I would love to buy it asap.

Darek

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.