Cleaning a few leaves from pool bottom

Nfotx

Jun 1, 2014
Fresno CA
Does anyone know a trick for removing just a few leaves from the bottom of the pool without getting out the leaf vacuum or the pool flex head vacuum? It would take my Polaris 360 hours to randomly pick up the few leaves.

I have a deep bag pool rake but it mostly pushes the leaves around never getting them into the bag.

Take your leaf rake and start about 4" behind the leaf, move rake head briskly toward leaf and then stop just shy of it for just a second....... the leaf will gently raise from the bottom..... now thrust the rake forward and the leaf will be caught up in the bag.... with a little practice you will get it..... now if there are 100 leaves in the pool, that my friend is a different story....

I use two methods:

1) pay kids 5 cents a leaf (if there aren't too many). I have paid them 1 cent a leaf when there were a lot LOL.

2) Run your polaris! I run my polaris 4 hours a day no matter what. And get the sand/silt bag for your polaris if you don't have one because it works 10 times better, especially for small stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.