Sand filter overkill?

Would the S200 Hayford sand filter be to big for a 22ft x 52in intex? And if not, what pump should it get?

Hey,

I have the Intex 24x52 Ultra Frame and have been running a generic 1.5 HP pump and 220lb sand filter for almost 3 years now without ANY issue from the filtration system. Going with such a large system has worked really well for our pool. I get longer cycles between back washing with the large sand capacity and the vacuum performance is unreal with such a large pump.

Here is a picture of the setup. I ditched the Intex skimmer and put a thru-wall widemouth version that works very well in catching surface trash. The lower hole in the stock liner has become my bypass valve for vacuuming when the water level gets below the skimmer. The pump is some generic 1.5HP pump/ 220lb sand filter combo I got from poolsupplies.com. I added the Pentair Rainbow chlorinator the beginning of this summer right before the original liner gave out. I cant comment on its reliability at the time.

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Just bought the pool and cleared and leveled pool area. I'll probably go with PVC also. I like what you've done. I see that there is no need for me to try to do this on my on!!!
Or as someone said ""no need to reinvent the wheel". Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.