Bearing Puller for Pentair Whisperflo

Bill in SoCal

LifeTime Supporter
Question for anyone who has re-built their Pentair Whisperflo pump and motor (which I plan on doing shortly):

I have a 6" 3-jaw bearing bearing/gear puller. Do you think this will be "long" enough? I've watched several re-build videos on YouTube (wetheadpumprepair & Jay Schultz) and the rebuilders all use really long pullers, but they look much longer than I think they could of gotten away with. I haven't actually disassembled the pump yet (which if I had I would be able to answer my own question.....) since I am waiting to get all of the necessary parts and tools together so that I have everything ready (minimizing pump downtime....). I'd rather not buy a new/longer puller if I don't have to since I'm on a tight budget and would probably never use it for anything else. Already have the bearings (6303) and seal (PS-1000). Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.