Central Kansas
FC - 6
CC - 0
TC - 6
PH - 7.6
TA - 100
CH - 210
CYA - 40

Following the How to lower TA guide, I have decreased my TA from 200 to 100. I applied the last dose tonight for a target TA of 80. My pool has been aerating at a rate of ~20ppm/dose for the last 5 nights. I put a wooden post against the return hose to point the stream upwards, making a nice arched stream into the middle of the pool lol.

When my TF100 test kit arrived I could test the CYA accurately and finally after adding over a pound to reach 40ppm, I think I'm sitting pretty all right for now :) Also I haven't had to shock once since I started the BBB method. I had a couple days when the CC was .5 but when I bumped the chlorine to 6, the next day the CC was back to 0! Very nice adding 1-2C of bleach a day to maintain FC!

I waited to post numbers cause I had some work to do but now I'm happy and can't wait to start testing normally!

I have a confession to make tho... I went and took all the chemicals back to walmart and made excuses as to why I was returning them! LOL I got almost $80 back and bought a boatload of ultra bleach and some stabilizer, then went to the farm store and bought a gallon of Muriatic Acid, I had over $40 left!

Thanks everyone for providing this information and being there to support the random person with their pool woes.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments, I'm all eyes!

Congrats!! hope I too can have numbers like yours but alas, I have opened my containers of "pool asprin" and trichlor shock and need to pawn them off on some unsuspecting E-Bayer or yard sale them. Hope all stays well with you and remember..."5 min. a day to keep ahead of your pool." (quote not exact)

Charleston Dawn

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.