I am currently stratching my head trying to figure out what is going on in my pool. The water is sparkling blue...thanks to BBB! About two weeks ago I noticed that even though my numbers are where they should be I had what looked like a yellow/green algae that started off in spots and then by the next day seemed to be alittle bigger in size and then a very slight layer covering almost the entire floor (the quarter size, thicker spots seemed to be in the "dimples" of the liner but the liner DID NOT feel slimmy).
My solution to this (again my numbers were good) was to vacuum (to waste), brushed sides/bottom/steps, shock. The very next morning "whatever" it is returned in small spots...like it began!!! Again I vacuumed, brushed and shocked.
The last three days I have held my Chlorine above 20!!! And every morning the spots return!!!
IS THIS AN ALGAE??? OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE???
Remember my numbers are good and I am holding my shock levels and the WATER IS BEAUTIFUL other than the STUFF!!