New Pool and Need help!

Dec 3, 2013
We opened our new pool this year and everything was great and then the filter got clogged last week while out of town and pool chemistry went crazy. Now we are not getting any reading for chlorine or CYA. Both are very low. I added CYA and then Shocked and then added chlorine ganules and still nothing. Leslies pool now says to add a bunch more CYA and a few other things. Not sure why the Salt Generator is not producing?

Any thoughts?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

A pump and filter not running should have almost no affect of the the chemistry ... except for the fact that you appear to have a SWG and thus would not have been adding any FC. This should have had ZERO effect on the CYA level though.

Sounds like you need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and then post up some actual good test results.

The TFPC method is really about understanding your pool’s chemistry and through accurate testing, adding only what the pool NEEDS and not what someone wants to sell you.

Welcome to TFP!

I would recommend you stay out pf the pool store and wait a week and give whatever you added to the pool a chance to dissolve and register as CYA takes a good week to register. I would encourage you, in the mean time, to order a good reliable test kit like the TF100 (recommended over the K2006 as you will get more reagents for the money) found here :lookhere: Test Kit Comparison.

You will find several informational and educational links in Pool School like:

ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool
Chlorine CYA Chart
Recommended Levels
What is Trouble Free Pool Care?
Pool Calculator Instructions

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.