Tx coast
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
It's come time to add some landscape lighting. We have 14 plants in two separate beds. I'm thinking uplights would be a nice touch. Also may add uplighting to the large FIG which is behind my pool wall.

Here's what I'm thinking. Please let me know if you guys see any obvious mistakes. Or heck if you have any suggestions

14 of these
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ting/1-watt-led-landscape-up-light/1338/3082/

Maybe 2 of these for the fig tree
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ound-well-light--3-x-1w-high-power-leds/1199/

That puts me at 20W total so this power supply (60W Power supply is the next step up above 20W). 60W power supply.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/power-supplies/g-lux-series-12vac-power-supply/1339/

Any input/advice is welcome

Thanks guys/gals.

Can't offer advice but good luck and post pics of the finished beds! I'd love to see them lit up!!!

I changed it to 60w per your suggestion. Thank you

I'll probably order next week. I was hoping to get some reviews first. But I'll be a guinea pig on these. Everything I've bought from superbright LEDs in the past has been high quality...admittedly a decade ago.

I dont have any experience with those lights. just want to say though, that its gonna look cool and definitely put 2 in the fig tree. You are going to love the ambience that they add at night.

I used several 1.5 lumen solar spot lights to shine on my sego palms and banana trees and a couple of 3 lumen lights to shine into my big oak trees. HUGE improvement at night. HUGE.

My original plan was to put low voltage lights but didnt really know how to place them for maximum benefit. So I got me a few Solars to stick around to test and they're easy to move around to get a different angle, distance and what-not and get the locations just right.

I was so impressed with the solars, I went and bought a bunch of them and at least for now, have scrapped the low voltage idea. At least for this year.

THe ones I got are Hampton Bay - from Home Depot.
Things to consider as far as I know, which ain't much.
1. For pathways - Is the globe glass or plastic. Glass will not turn yellow due to UV
2. Is the globe smooth or water glass. Smooth give an even glow of light. Water glass gives of rays of light, sort of like a star
3. For Spots Lumens is key. To light up a large thing, like a tree, more is better. I have a couple of 50 lumen spots in the oak tree. In my banana trees, Im using 20 lumens. For a small thing, like a plant, 2-3 lumens works (for me).

thats really about all I can tell ya about solar lights.

Divin Dave, which solars did you get? Anything special to consider when buying them?

Alrighty. I just placed an order. This is costing more than I'm comfortable with...but I am ready to be done with it so I ordered.

PRODUCT(S)
Qty Product/Options Price/Ea
14 GLUX-WW1W-U120 Warm White 27.95
3 GL-WW3-U45 Warm White 39.95
1 DA-60-12W 60 Watt - 12VAC 29.95
1 GLUX-DDS Dusk to Dawn Sensor 11.95
3 GLUX-MPT Male Power Cable 1.99
2 GLUX-EC10 10m Extension Cable 11.95
1 GLUX-EC2 2m Extension Cable 4.95
1 GLUX-CC3 3 Output 2.95

I ended up ordering 3 of the larger LED lights. My plan is to either run two on the fig by the pool and one under the fig that's by the house....or possibly running them all under the fig by the pool. It just depends how much light they actually put out. I'm new to landscape lighting so this is a massive experiment.

Once I get these guys placed I can get my rock/glass mix laid, and find someone to lay some sod.

I tell ya, this pool project has really killed my Jeep dreams.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here's the 3W lamp. It appears to be very nicely constructed.
E633282C-3B93-46FD-83C3-118106562BA8_zpshqo7fda2.jpg

56CD5370-88E4-457D-A4DC-810FB46BD066_zpseod0tbik.jpg

Here's the 1W. Pretty clever design that allows installation in a cpl ways. The included tube is perfect for what I'm doing.
2DFC492A-FBA5-4F1F-998F-BEF8A8C8B925_zpsihfzkpyl.jpg

9BBBEC59-707A-41BB-899A-D9E05C94A062_zpsfbxpale0.jpg

5D78764B-EBC6-4DF9-A4D5-8045789A9280_zpspuzhriqq.jpg

It's not done, but it's getting closer
Day - 1W

03B35946-5806-4D18-A864-D2925F468906_zpslijybkqo.jpg

Night - 1W
7A88B872-C20B-4478-99AA-6577C56F4F04_zpssjiuwbhc.jpg

6180B4F3-E406-433F-BA76-7FD00C2431E0_zpsgnlta8uh.jpg

That purple pool water should be SLAMmed immediately!

Lol. Well I tried to SLAM the color out of it, I failed. Then I found out I had "limited edition chameleon water." :p

Just placed an order with them too, for these: http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/hardscape-lighting-and-led-light-strips/led-hardscape-light-6in-landscape-retaining-wall-light-with-mortar-mounting-plate/1911/4496/ but was lucky that when I "liked" them on facebook & found that they have a save 10% on entire order code: FBSM14 that expires on 7/7/14. Your lights look nice BTW and your post led me to this seller.

Awesome! I expect you'll be happy with them. I've had good luck with superbrightleds in the past. And so far so good on these. Of course I have to order some more wires and connectors before I can complete the lighting. But that's just due to my own inexperience.

Your palms look great lit up. Nice work!

Thank you.

Great news, Progress is being made. Give me a few days and I'll update with completed images. I had to order more wire and another connector (the large lights are not wired for the "simple series connection"...so I had to alter things a bit. All 1W lights are installed...just have 3W'ers to go.

I replaced all my bulbs with LED's from superbrightleds.com last year. I hope they last 10 plus years because I was replacing my regular low voltage bulbs ever few months. So far so good with no burn outs. I replaced two halagens and all of my path lights with warm white which look like the original color of lighting bulbs that I had. Cool white is a whiter light than the warm white so make sure you buy the ones you expect. My path light bulbs are just capped and are open to the environment. I sprayed the new LED's with silicon spray to water proof them and it seems to be working great.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.