Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBQ Salt Lick Style

1. Back To Top    #1

BBQ Salt Lick Style

Not sure if everyone had seen this article, but the owner of Salt Lick tells how he makes his Q.

http://www.austin360.com/food_drink/con ... tchen.html

I was glad to see he uses live oak, as I have lots of it around.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BBQ Salt Lick Style

I've always gotten my coals hot and thrown wet/soaked hickory or mesquite chips on the grill. During our July celebration, all my guests were like "what kind of hot dogs are these? They're great!" I hated to tell them they were only Oscar Meyer. I almost thought I should have made up some sort of gourmet name for them so they wouldn't think they were just eating an ordinary dog.

We have a hickory tree in our back yard and my kids love getting sacks and picking up the nuts. We even soak those and throw those on the grill. The smoke flavor makes all the difference with grilling!!!!!!! Of course the bad thing is, smelling like smoke yourself, but when you sit down to eat, it makes all that worth it.

Good luck with your next grill out.
    Ballparkmom
    16 x 33 x 52" AG pool, Hayward Vari-flo pump & sand filter, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 1 return, Zodiac LM3 24,000 SWG, Pool Rover Jr., 2 kids & a million toys