Chlorine and Cya at night

Add the CYA whenever you want. Adding the chlorine in the evening allows the full FC level to be in the pool overnight when the sun is not consuming it ... which is a slight advantage, but really does not make a lot of difference.

:shock: Their level of professional knowledge never ceases to amaze :hammer:

I was told by a pool store employee, when I mentioned I was looking for sideways return jets to improve circulation to the skimmer, that the problem could be simply solved by pointing the returns down, and to the left. The moon's tidal forces are far stronger than the wind which is blowing my debris past the skimmer and to the opposite end of the pool. It's the same reason toilet water flows counterclockwise. He also had a customer who couldn't get rid of his algae no matter what they did, until he directed his returns down, and to the left - at which point it promptly cleared over night...

Have you ceased to be amazed yet? :)

I was told by a pool store employee, when I mentioned I was looking for sideways return jets to improve circulation to the skimmer, that the problem could be simply solved by pointing the returns down, and to the left. The moon's tidal forces are far stronger than the wind which is blowing my debris past the skimmer and to the opposite end of the pool. It's the same reason toilet water flows counterclockwise. He also had a customer who couldn't get rid of his algae no matter what they did, until he directed his returns down, and to the left - at which point it promptly cleared over night...

Have you ceased to be amazed yet? :)

Wow. Just... wow. And tons of people trust these folks for advice and give them money. I wonder if that employee just makes up the wildest theories possible to see who will believe them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I was a kid I used to have a fish called an algae eater. He would stick his mouth to the side of the fish tank and eat any algae on it. Would love to tell someone in a pool store that if they went out and bought I dont know, say 23,000 of these things they would never have algae again!

Thats All funny stuff. Jason should have a special topic for all the crazy pool store advice.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's really true. Another guy tried to sell me shock when I asked him where the stabilizer is. I just shook my head and walked away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.