High pH causing a rash?

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
My son has recently come down with a rash that we cant seem to explain. Its not itchy (he rarely scratches it), and it doesnt seem to bother him......he is as happy as normal.

We've tried several different "changes" to see if it helps, but the rash remains. Changed detergents and re-washed clothes, no help. Recently cleaned our carpets, so Ive rinsed them thoroughly with water, no help. Washed down all furniture, etc he normally touches with soap and water and then just water.....no change.

For the heck of it, I took the pH of the water that was coming out of the carpet when I rinsed it. 6.9/7.0.........doesnt seem too bad. Also for the heck of it, I took the pH of our hot water (aka what he takes a bath in)....7.6.

Im wondering.........could the high pH be causing a rash? ive never tested my heated water before, so I really dont know if this is a recent development or not.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.