stuck cleaners

Apr 2, 2007
Anybody else having issues with their automatic cleaner hiding out under their steps relatively frequently???
Also - what type of steps would they be?
Let me know, I'm just looking for some stats........

Hi, Matt,

I think auto-vacs have a built-in mechanism that searches out obstructions and steers the vac towards them. My steps are not an issue but my auto-vac loves the ladders. It will never climb walls unless it detects there is a ladder close by.

Once it detects the ladder, it heads straight up the wall into the ladder and happily lodges itself, trying to suck the liner off the wall.

It's tricky, too. As long as I'm out there watching it, it won't go close to the ladders. I have actually tried to sneak out to the pool but it detects my presence each time and won't go near the ladder 'til I go back in the house. My kids aren't that smart!! :lol: :lol:

My polaris 280 gets stuck in the ladder all the time. It is such a PAIN!!!!!! We have a SWCG so all we have to worry about when we are gone for a weekend trip is that stupid polaris getting stuck in the ladder and not vacuuming anything up for a few days. I hear they make a ladder guard but i haven't researched it yet. I guess I should do that before the big summer trip.

My Zodaic Mars HP will occasionally get it's backup valve stuck on the hose where it connects to the pressure port in the pool but if I leave it along it unsticks itself within about 2 or 3 backup cycles. I have a fiberglass pool with built in steps and no ladders so I don's have that problem. The Mars will climb the steps and clean them except for the very top one, which is too shallow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.