4" Outlet/Return on Leisure Bay Pool - Help!

Jun 20, 2010
NE Ohio
We are the second owners of an apx 15 yo Leisure Bay pool (company out of business). The return on the pool is broken - water pouring out. It is also HUGE. The hole in the pool wall/liner is currently 4 3/4" wide.

When I walk into local places with this enormous piece their eyes bug out before they show me the "normal" sized above ground pool return that fits nicely in the palm of the hand.

Does anyone have a source for older pool parts or a way to retrofit a pool? My husband can repair/weld the outside hole (probably) but we are at that point in pool life where he is NOT going to replace the liner. The kids are older and while we still want the pool for a few more years - a liner and water replacement is not in the cards.

We are hoping to find a new part - but if we can't - repair the outer wall (easier), patch the currently large hole (harder) and refit for a new, modern, smaller return.

Anyone have any tips or tricks or commiseration on this one? We can't be the only people with an older Leisure Bay pool. Can we? ;)

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.