Where to buy DE in Canada

Expand your search a little. WalMart, and other big box stores tend to carry it during the pool season. Canadian Tire sells everything in the world, right?

Another option is to switch to Cellulose Fiber which is a direct replacement filter media for swimming pools filters.

Already tried Walmart and large to small chain hardware stores. Can't seem to find it. And Yes, Canadian Tire does sell everything in the world....except DE! and Like I said before, store personnel look at me as if I was from Mars when I inquire about DE. I am wondering if it is even available in Canada. I'll have to look into Cellulose Fiber as an alternative as mentioned.

Already tried Walmart and large to small chain hardware stores. Can't seem to find it. And Yes, Canadian Tire does sell everything in the world....except DE! and Like I said before, store personnel look at me as if I was from Mars when I inquire about DE. I am wondering if it is even available in Canada. I'll have to look into Cellulose Fiber as an alternative as mentioned.

Hey, nofa93! I'm in Winnipeg!! The only DE that I can find here is food-grade, which is not recommended. Did you ever find a source, or look into Cellulose Fiber? I'd love to hear anything that you learned, thanks!

I found pool store in Toronto that carried it but they would not ship. Local pickup only. Amazon has it as well but shipping rate is outrageous. I will have to give cleartech a call to see if they would ship to Quebec for a reasonable amount.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I found pool store in Toronto that carried it but they would not ship. Local pickup only. Amazon has it as well but shipping rate is outrageous. I will have to give cleartech a call to see if they would ship to Quebec for a reasonable amount.

I hope that they will do it for you. It's unfortunate that there isn't a distributor in Quebec! Hey...I'm thinking that might be a business opportunity for you ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Amazon has it as well but shipping rate is outrageous.

Wow, you're not kidding! I just checked and it's $65.28 for shipping :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.