Old Compool cp2000 to easytouch (or aquatouch)

Jun 14, 2010
Greatings TFP,

I have a old Compool cp2000 that is now starting to have major issues. It's time to replace it. I've actually been going back and forth and now I'm settling between the Easytouch and Aqualink, leaning towards Easytouch. I'm planning to do the install myself but I'm a little uncertain about my 120v pool/spa lights and wiring them in the new system. The Compool turns them on via Aux 2/3 currently and I'm assuming they will be on a relay each in the Easytouch. Is it as simple as just wiring them up in the Easytouch or is this really a noob question here and I'm going to fry myself?

Here's the rest of my equipment:
1 sp pump (future upgrade to 2-sp or vf)
booster pump
pool/spa actuator
some others not important at this time...

Thanks!
snoopy

The ET upgrade is pretty straight forward. Just follow along with the manual and you will be ok. I'm guessing your pool and spa lights have their own transformer?

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify since there is an "upgrade" board that I am planning a full replacement. As for the transformer I'm not entirely sure where the transformer is located if there is one for the lights but I do know it's 120v and it's tied to the cp2000. Can the transformer be located where the box is where the light is attached to the long "hose" before going into the water? Or perhaps the cp2000 has something built in?

Also thanks for the word of caution. I am also considering hiring someone but I don't plan on hooking up the heater (using solar only) and the rest seemed straight forward to not justify a 750 dollar labor that I was quoted. But maybe that's about right, dunno.

The light transformer, if it in fact is a low voltage light, should be somewhere that is easily spotted. Most installations have them mounted on the wall with the controller. If the quote is 750 to do it all, then that's a decent price for the work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.